搜索
熱搜: 活動 交友 discuz
樓主: Sharon Brian
打印 上一主題 下一主題

想認識中意攝影的RC友 [複製鏈接]

31#
發表於 2005-1-6 15:00:56 |只看該作者
不過影相真係好講天份  技術可以磨練..但係觸感方面唔

This is quite a true statement!  I have spend almost three years doing distant learning with New York Institute of Photography from 1989 to 1991 when I was living in East Coast USA and managed to get a certificate from the Institution.  Though I think I have all the technical skills down-packed but I still don't have the "eye" of a true outstanding photographer.   BTW: my profession in IT related and not in photography.

I am a bit older than you all (my son already graduated from college) but I will be more than happy to join any RC organized photo opportunity if you allow me to.   Having spend years shooting 35mm film and medium format films I have totally switched to digital about 3 years ago.  Here's my current list of equipment and I do change my gears occasionally:

Nikon D70 with 2 zooms and 5 prime lens
Two Olympus E10s with TCON MCON and WCON converters (yes I have two E10 remains my favorite travel camera)
Nikon CP5000 with the W68 adaptor it yields fantastic 19mm (35mm equivalent) coverage in a very light package
Nikon CP5700 (great all around cam with good quality zoom)
Sanyo MZ3 (fantastic video and use microdrive)
Casio Z3 (good tiny one for my wife to carry around)
Fuji 40i (all in one with camera video and mp3)
Pentax Optio S (my son's favorite tiny camera)

Digicams that I have used (and remembered) last three years and sold:
Fuji S1 Pro DSLR
Fuji S2 Pro DSLR
Canon 300D DSLR and 5 lens
Olympus c5060 and the classic C2100-uz
Panasonic FZ10 and FZ1
Canon G2 Ixux 400 and Ixux V2
Sanyo J1 and MZ2
Sony F55DX and S85

(YES I'm a digicam junkie!)

使用道具 舉報

32#
發表於 2005-1-6 15:18:14 |只看該作者
[quote:8289919161="candidfoto"]
不過影相真係好講天份  技術可以磨練..但係觸感方面唔

This is quite a true statement!  I have spend almost three years doing distant learning with New York Institute of Photography from 1989 to 1991 when I was living in East Coast USA and managed to get a certificate from the Institution.  Though I think I have all the technical skills down-packed but I still don't have the "eye" of a true outstanding photographer.   BTW: my profession in IT related and not in photography.

I am a bit older than you all (my son already graduated from college) but I will be more than happy to join any RC organized photo opportunity if you allow me to.   Having spend years shooting 35mm film and medium format films I have totally switched to digital about 3 years ago.  Here's my current list of equipment and I do change my gears occasionally:

Nikon D70 with 2 zooms and 5 prime lens
Two Olympus E10s with TCON MCON and WCON converters (yes I have two E10 remains my favorite travel camera)
Nikon CP5000 with the W68 adaptor it yields fantastic 19mm (35mm equivalent) coverage in a very light package
Nikon CP5700 (great all around cam with good quality zoom)
Sanyo MZ3 (fantastic video and use microdrive)
Casio Z3 (good tiny one for my wife to carry around)
Fuji 40i (all in one with camera video and mp3)
Pentax Optio S (my son's favorite tiny camera)

Digicams that I have used (and remembered) last three years and sold:
Fuji S1 Pro DSLR
Fuji S2 Pro DSLR
Canon 300D DSLR and 5 lens
Olympus c5060 and the classic C2100-uz
Panasonic FZ10 and FZ1
Canon G2 Ixux 400 and Ixux V2
Sanyo J1 and MZ2
Sony F55DX and S85

(YES I'm a digicam junkie!)[/quote]

I want to know your comments on the Canon 300D and Nikon 70D. Would you mind share your experience to us?
:detective :detective :detective

使用道具 舉報

33#
發表於 2005-1-6 15:41:51 |只看該作者
Here's my personal opinion on the differences between the two DSLRs and you can get all the other opinions on the two cameras from browsing through different forums under www.dpreview.com.

I have always been a Nikon user and when the Canon 300D first came out in 2003 I decided to try it just for the fun of it.  My major disappointment with the Canon 300D (or 10D or other Canon system) is the lousy and inaccurate flash system compare to the fool-proof Nikon matrix flash system which is simply the best in the industry and I have used quite a bit.   The SB800 (or SB600) when mated with the D70 is simply fantastic and I doubt the new Canon 20D flash system is anything close.  I also found that the Nikon matrix metering is more accurate.   300D uses CMOS vers D70's CCD the ISO 100 pictures from the 300D does seems to be a bit smoother than D70's 200 ISO (but not by much and you really have to magnify 200% and look hard).  

The Canon does have more USM lens offering than Nikon especially in the telephoto lens that's explains why most photogs in major sports events usually shoots Canon's.  I personally prefers the image of the Nikon glass and don't intend to try out any more Canon system in the near future.  Don't get me wrong the 300D is a very capable camera and the 2nd hand price is dirt cheap (<=$5000) which makes it very attractive alternative to the more expensive 8MPs prosumer cams.

使用道具 舉報

34#
發表於 2005-1-6 16:51:12 |只看該作者
Actually my colleague just bought a new 300D around one month ago. The price is below $6000.

So how about your comment on D70?? Would you mind to let me know it more detail?

使用道具 舉報

35#
發表於 2005-1-6 17:02:33 |只看該作者
If compare 300D with D70 then D70 is definately my choice!;)

使用道具 舉報

36#
發表於 2005-1-6 17:15:02 |只看該作者
There are many online reviews on just about any digital cameras the ones that I find useful and accurate is from Phil Askey (www.dpreview.com) and also from Jeff Keller (www.dcresource.com) I'm sure there are many others.  Phil Askey is usually pro-Canon and he doesn't normally say something good about Nikon unless it's real good (my own assessment of his reviews so far).  

My own quick assessment of the D70 it's fast well build with controls in the right place fantastic metering and flash system shoot relatively fast and excellent battery life.  Again I like the Nikon lens which is a bit cooler than the warmer Canon lens (my personal taste).

Really at the end of the day it's really not the camera that matters much it's the photographer behind the camera that makes most of the difference.   Most of the digital camers today are quite capable of delivering very good results just make sure you buy a camera system that allows you to expand as you develop the skills.

使用道具 舉報

37#
發表於 2005-1-6 17:24:06 |只看該作者
Suzuki

I can also give some comments on D70 (I have used from new published; i forgot the month of it launches)..... and I also have a bit idea on 300D...

However I can't talk too much in office but tonight......

Are u planning to have a DSLR?

Since I use Nikon SLR b4 and now use DSLR I have no choice on system since lens ^_^"

使用道具 舉報

38#
發表於 2005-1-6 17:28:36 |只看該作者
Mr. candidfoto

Do u live in our RC (or USA)?

I think we can learn a lot of photography from u...happy to meet u here ^^

使用道具 舉報

39#
發表於 2005-1-6 17:40:28 |只看該作者
Thanks Brain you will have time tonight?

Actaully I have a Minota 700si SLR and 1 len only. Lucky I don't have too many accessory of Minota. If not it will be difficult to change to other system.

Now just want to know more about the comment of Nikon and Canon DSLR. it is use for my reference if I want to buy the DSLR. But not soon ^.^

使用道具 舉報

40#
發表於 2005-1-6 17:44:06 |只看該作者
We moved in since June this year bought a D unit since it was real cheap back in June 2003.   We have been living in HK since 95 since we were expat company picked up all our expenses most of those years and even though we have lived in very expensive and large Happy Valley and McDonald Road apartments RC is very attractive to us for "retirement" & investment since it's quiet convenient has cleaner air and my wife loves to swim in that pool and uses the club house every day.  

Photography has always been one of my hobbies and it actually helps me calm down from the busy and hectic IT world.  It also forces me to learn to frame a picture out of something that looks ordinary - this is a skill that will take a life time to master!

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

Archiver|手機版|藍澄灣業主社群

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 11:11 , Processed in 0.032469 second(s), 9 queries .